FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When and where are the Outdoor Retailer tradeshows?
Outdoor Retailer tradeshows are held at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah. Dates and times can be found here.
What is Open Air Demo and All Mountain Demo?
Top brands in the industry exhibit and allow buyers the chance to demo the latest gear for the ultimate hands on experience. Come try out the latest in kayaks, standup boards, camping gear, GPS systems and much more before you place your orders. At Winter Market, the All Mountain Demo is the place to demo wintersports hardgoods, backcountry gear, splitboards and more.
Who can attend the Demos? What are the requirements?
Outdoor Retailer Demos are open to all registered attendees of Outdoor Retailer. All attendees (including exhibitors) are required to sign a waiver and receive a wristband prior to entering the demo area. Wristband and waivers will be available at the Salt Palace shuttle desk or at the Registration desk located at the entrance.
All attendees are required to wear their official Outdoor Retailer badge to gain entrance into this special event. Attendees must stop by the Registration desk located in the Salt Palace Convention Center to either pick up their badge and/or register.
Is this show open to the general public?
Outdoor Retailer is not open to the general public. Only authorized buyers and members of the trade will be admitted. As a respected industry event, we can only register qualified** retail buying businesses in the outdoor industry.
I have attended in the past, do I need to register again and if so, why?
Yes, each company must register for each event separately to ensure that we have the most current and accurate information.
I have attended before yet I do not find my company listed on your website?
There are multiple reasons why you may not be found in our online database, even if you have previously attended the tradeshow. Only attendees of the past two Outdoor Retailer Summer Markets and the past two Outdoor Retailer Winter Markets will be listed. If you are unable to locate your information within the online registration system you MUST re-submit your business credentials by following the process as outlined above.
I’m required to re-submit my business credentials (or) this will be my first show as a buyer/distributor, what documents do I need to provide?
You will need to submit a minimum of two of the following credentials once you have completed the online registration process:
- Volume purchase invoices of FINISHED brand name goods in the outdoor industry, placed within the last six months.
- Business card that includes your company name and current business address.
- Business License indicating you are retail business (Please do NOT send a tax ID or sellers permit these are not valid credentials and will not complete your registration).
- For new businesses only: A letter of intent from an attorney or bank on official letterhead stating what type of business you intend to start.
I’m attending Outdoor Retailer to purchase raw materials, how do I register?
If you design for a specific manufacturer or work as a freelance designer you can now register under the designer category. As a designer you are required to register online for each Outdoor Retailer and submit a minimum of 2 of the following credentials:
Manufacturer Designer Credentials
- Business Card that includes your current company address and product designer title
- Invoices made within the last six months showing purchases of raw goods in the outdoor industry (must be invoiced to the company you work for).
- Credit Reference Sheet of suppliers for raw goods
- Business Card that includes job title
- Job invoice (made within the last 6 months) for product design work that was completed for a brand in the outdoor industry
- Contract and/or job agreement for a current freelance product designer position with a brand in the outdoor industry. Please provide contact information for the brand representative for reference check.
- Letter of intent from a brand in the outdoor industry for a freelance product designer position. Please provide contact information for the brand representative for reference check.
If your primary job is not that of a product designer or if you cannot provide the above information, your registration will not be qualified and you will need to re-register as a non-buyer.
Where do I send the required credentials?
Please fax a minimum of two of the required credentials to 949/226-5626. If you do not have access to a fax machine you may mail credentials to:
Outdoor Retailer Registration
31910 Del Obispo
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
I completed my registration online and did not receive a confirmation email, what should I do?
If you completed the registration process online and did not receive a confirmation email immediately after saving, please log back on to the registration page and search your company name. If the lookup says your status is pending or already registered call the registration hotline at 866-221-7934, confirm that we have the correct email/fax number and ask to have your confirmation resent. If you are unable to locate your registration record it was not completed the first time and you will need to re-register.
I completed the online registration process and submitted my corresponding business credentials, when will I receive my approval confirmation?
You will be notified via email once your registration has been reviewed. Please do not call to confirm receipt of your fax we are currently inundated with registration requests. We will follow up and/or send confirmation within two weeks. If you have not heard from us after two weeks, please refax your credentials to 949/226-5626.
I am bringing someone with me do they need a badge to enter the show?
Attendees of Outdoor Retailer including children of ALL AGES must be registered for a badge before they will be allowed to enter the show floor.
How do I add more staff to my store/company once I’m registered and qualified?
Register your additional staff just as you registered originally. If you are registering them as a first time buyer, you must submit their credentials.
When will I receive my badge in the mail?
We are not mailing badges moving forward. We began this process beginning Summer Market 2012.
What if I want a refund for my registration?
This event is Non-Refundable. No exceptions.
How do I exhibit at OR Summer Market? Click Here!
How do I exhibit at OR Winter Market? Click Here!
** Buyer Qualification is subject to OR Summer Market approval.